According to Danielle Mika Nagel, Studio Director at Chopra Yoga Center Vancouver and Meditation Specialist, the resolutions that last the longest involve building new behaviors and thought patterns, which then create room for healthier habits. Setting unrealistic goals at the start of the year is the reason most resolutions fall flat come mid-January.
Here are her five suggestions that encourage a healthier day-to-day lifestyle.
5 Tips for a Healthier New Year:
- Get more sleep (min 7-8 hours). Sleep is the period of time where your body can heal itself.
- Meditate daily. Even if it’s just for a few minutes each day, take time to unplug and be still.
- Buy a Vitamix. We all need more veggies in our diet and the vitamix is perfect for making delicious veggie drinks, e.g. blend kale, spinach, mint with fruit.
- Exercise daily. This definitely is not about doing strenuous exercise on a daily basis but making conscious choices to walk more or take a yoga class a couple times a week.
- Unplug from electronics, e.g. TV, cell phone, computer, ipad, etc. We have become a society addicted to external stimuli. Go out to dinner and leave you phone at home. Be present with the one you’re having dinner with!
Start your new year off right with a One month unlimited membership to Chopra Yoga Center. To enter, leave a comment below. For extra entries, complete the Rafflecopter entry form: