As a working mom, I am always running out of the house in the morning with my hair half done (if I even get a chance to brush it). My cousin recently told me about a way to do my hair that is simple, fast and requires minimal tools. The Sock Bun!!
I finally tried this simple up-do this morning, with really great results. Here are the simple steps:
- Find a sock that is close to your hair colour
- Cut off the toe of the sock
- Roll the sock from the toe up to create a kind of “bagel”
- Put your hair up in a high pony tail
- Place the sock bagel at the tip of your ponytail (at the ends of the hair)
- Roll hair from the end tips around the sock bagel down towards the crown
- Fasten the sock bun with a few bobby pins and set with hairspray.
There is a super easy video tutorial on how to do this by Mr. Kate (warning, she’s kind of annoying):
That’s it…no more bad hair days!