I wrote a guest post for My Thirty Spot about what I would tell my 13 year old self today, if I could.
Check it out here.
New here? Like what you're reading? Subscribe to my RSS feed.
Dear 13 yr old me…
1) play your guitar everyday, practice and dont get frustrated…it’s your love, and can keep you on the right path
2) your dad loves you and has been working hard his whole life so you have the opportunity to inherit a great business to provide for a family of your own one day…do not…i repeat…do not make his efforts in vein..
3) your brother needs you the most right now, and in the next ten years to come. You dont understand now, but you are his hero…you will help shape who he becomes. Always stand by his side..make him the most important friend you will ever have…
4) dont drink and drive
5) dont move to Ireland
6) dont go on the stock market
7) dont take ritilin
8) dont do drugs
9) Family is the most important thing in the world…your friends and girlfriends will come and go (most of them anyway), but the people that grew up on Wst 31st are truly the only ones that will always have your back in times of need. Be there for them when they’re time of need arises.
ps… your mom will run a marathon when you’re around 20-23, i cant remember exactly…be there at the end for her. She worked hard for it, it’s the least you can do…
At the end of the day, you will make some mistakes, fall in and out of love, fight and make up with family and friends, make and lose money..but at the end of the day, just look in the mirror and know your good enough for anything you decide to focus on.
Luv you little John
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Subscribe in a reader